Prompt Seventeen: Name a fictional character or monster you would love to have as a friend. Why do you think they would be a good friend to you?
If you know me, you know that I love Harry Potter. It holds a special place in my heart, and it always will. And that is why a fictional character I would love to have as a friend would be. . . .
Hagrid, the friendly half-giant.
Hagrid would be a great friend to have. He’s loyal and steady. He always there for you if you need a cup of tea or a rock cake. He knows exactly what to say when you are feeling down. But he also knows what to say when you are being an idiot. He’s not afraid to tell it how it is. He has advice and some might think it’s simple, but Hagrid is usually right.
“No good sittin’ worryin’ abou’ it,” he said. “What’s comin’ will come, an’ we’ll meet it when it does.”Rubeus Hagrid, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
He is always there for Harry no matter what. Sure, he has an unhealthy obsession for dangerous creatures like dragons and Blast-Ended Skrewts. Not to mention the habit of telling things he shouldn’t be telling. But Hagrid will always be there for you no matter what.
After all, we all know that there is no Hogwarts without Hagrid.
Prompt Six: Write 10 original thoughts that will be stuffed inside fortune cookies for perfect strangers to read.
- Breathe or die. It’s your choice.
- You are either the wave or the shore.
- Always stand back up.
- Sometimes the only thing you can say is: “FUCK.”
- In other news, you’re an idiot. Don’t do it.
- Some days it’s best to just roll over and go back to sleep.
- Find someone who laughs when you trip over air.
- Yelling at technology does not make it work faster. Neither does kicking it for that matter.
- Screaming into a pillow is better than getting arrested.
- True pain is when both earbuds stop working.
Bonus ones from Mom:
- Shimmy shimmying your coco puffs will get undesired results.
- Don’t rap Will but wrap the willie.
Prompt Four: If you wrote a song about your love life, what would the title be? Write the first verse.
I go out
Red lipstick, favorite heels on
Looking for more than
just a good time
Want to go out dancing
Maybe see a movie
We can talk for hours
and let time pass us by
But once again
It’s all the same thing
He only wants that one thing
And I ain’t that easy
So he stops texting
And I want to give up
I call up my girlfriends
Who say he’s missed a
damn good thing
And we go out
And I try again
“Name the top 10 things on your bucket list.”
My Bucket List
- Publish a book
- Travel to all 50 states and Puerto Rico
- Travel all over the world and basically try all the food!
- Learn ASL
- Learn 3 other languages (Spanish being one)
- Go skydiving (and don’t die)
- Take Mom on a vacation to wherever she wants to go (probably by herself with the dogs because she totally needs a break from us)
- Buy a lot of land and have a farm for senior animals (cats, dogs, cows, goats, hell even a giraffe)
- Go on a road trip with my closest friends
- Donate dog food and toys to the Villalobos Shelter
After looking at her list, Keely realized that a few of these could just be one. Also, that she and Angela had a few that were the same. FTT. (Freaky Twin Thing)
“While at the beach you decide to write a message in a bottle. What would it say. Who would you like to find it?”
To a stranger:
If you are reading this – hell, if you can read this – then this message in a bottle actually worked. I don’t know who you are nor do you know me. But I hope whoever you are, you find some comfort in these words. Or you could find them meaningless. I want you to know that you are not alone. You might be going through a rough time right now. You might want to say fuck the world because you keep getting knocked down. But don’t. It will be better. It will. I promise. And yes, I sound like a Hallmark card but I mean it. It will get better. This right here, whatever you are going through is just a bump in the road. Things will get better. You’ll see. So just hang in there. Just breathe. Just live. Take it one step at a time and see what happens. it might surprise you. And another thing, I know that you are a stranger but even though I don’t know you, I love you.